Solar Energy Storage
How It looks:
How It Works:
The Buzzing Facts:
Battery sizing requires four basic inputs:
How much power do you need? ( what appliances, lights, computers, well pump, etc. do you want to power up during an outage)
how long will you be using each appliance and electrical device each day?
How long will you be without grid power? ( two days, three days, only a couple of hours)
How much sun input you will get during that time.
The last three parts of that question is really impossible to answer. So 3/4 of the calculations are based on the home owner’s assumptions.
Most people in the industry use an arbitrary time of 3 days without power and at about normal sunlight (depending on the season) during those 3 days If the power outage is because of snow or ice -winter time and short days, long nights, and cold temperatures; then we could run out of power before the end of the 3 days. But if the outage is because of a hurricane- late summer or early fall, then generally we get plenty of sunlight after the storm.
Also, the batteries really serve two purposes. One is to provide a source of power when the grid is down. But, the second is to modulate or even out the source of power because the sunshine could be more or less than the power required to operate whatever appliances or electrical devices you have turned on.
- DC coupled solution allows high system efficiency
- PV power is stored directly in the battery
- No additional conversions from AC to DC and back to AC
- Module-level power optimization for more power harvesting
Simple Design & Installation
- A single inverter for both PV, storage and backup power
- Outdoor installation allows flexibility in battery location
- No special wires are required -> utilizes the same PV cables
Full Visibility and Easy Maintenance
- Monitor the battery status, PV production, and self-consumption data
- Smarter energy consumption to reduce electricity bill
- Monitor battery energy levels and remaining hours of backup power
- Remote access to inverter/battery software
- PV array and battery voltage designed to reduce to a safe voltage upon AC shut down, when not in backup mode
- Integrated Rapid Shutdown functionality; low current during operation
Give us a call or Drop us a line to hear about your system!!!!